Transfer news LIVE! Gareth Bale to Tottenham with Sergio Reguilon, Aubameyang Arsenal contract, Chelsea latest



Welcome to the Evening Standard’s rolling coverage of the summer transfer window.

The window officially opened in July after the completion of the delayed 2019-2020 Premier League season. Clubs will now be busy tweaking their squads ahead of the new campaign, with the deadline pushed back until October 5.

Arsenal have secured Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s future after signing Willian and Gabriel Magalhaes, while Chelsea have confirmed the £90m arrival of Kai Havertz, having previously signed Thiago Silva, Malang Sarr, Ben Chilwell, Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech – with goalkeeper Edouard Mendy expected to follow this week.

Manchester United have signed Donny van de Beek while working on a deal for Jadon Sancho, while Tottenham are closing in on a sensational double deal for Gareth Bale and Sergio Reguilon having already signed Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Joe Hart and Matt Doherty.


Liverpool are biding their time in pursuit of Thiago Alcantara.

Live Updates

ARSENAL NEWS

Arsenal close in on goalkeeper deals

Now that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has committed his future to Arsenal, the club can focus on other deals.
 

Photo: AFP

One of which is for goalkeeper Runar Alex Runarsson, an Iceland international who currently plays for Ligue 1 outfit Dijon. Sky Sports say Gunners are in “advanced talks” to sign the 25-year-old, who will arrive as back-up for Bernd Leno.

It is believed the deal will go through once Emiliano Martinez has completed his £20m move to Aston Villa.

WEST HAM NEWS

Dyche keen on Tarkowski stay amid West Ham interest

Burnley manager Sean Dyche says he wants to keep James Tarkowski at the club and insists he will only be sold if the “numbers are considerable”.
 

Photo: PA

West Ham have had two bids for Tarkowski rejected, believed to be £20m and £25m, with the Clarets demanding near £50m for the England international.

“It seems relevant at the moment, we’re hoping it’s not obviously,” he told Sky Sports.

“We want to keep our best players in house that’s for sure. He’s a very good player and he’s delivered for us on a consistent basis over a long period of time.

“I don’t see why the player would want to leave here at the moment in time. If so, I’d imagine that the numbers are considerable for that to even be considered.”

ARSENAL NEWS

Arsenal turn attentions to Partey and Aouar

Following on from securing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s future at the club, Arsenal will turn their attentions back to bringing in new talent.

Photo: Getty Images
The Mirror reports that Atletico Madrid’s Ghanaian midfielder Thomas Partey and Lyon’s French playmaker Houssem Aouar remain two of their targets. 

CHELSEA NEWS

Bayern to resurrect Hudson-Odoi interest

Bayern Munich are expected to resurrect their interest in Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi.

Photo: AFP/Getty Images

But now, will Chelsea have significantly strengthened their attacking options this summer, Bayern believe they have an opportunity to finally bring him to the Bundesliga, according to the Mail.

ARSENAL NEWS

Aubameyang contract worth £55m

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s new three-year deal at Arsenal is worth a whopping £55m, according to the Times.

Photo: Arsenal/Getty Images

The Gabon international committed his future to the Gunners on Tuesday in what was a major coup for the club.

Read all about it here.

EUROPEAN NEWS

Depay to Barca off?

Barcelona’s move for Memphis Depay looks to be dead in the water after Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas revealed he was told the club could not afford him.
 

Photo: AP

The 26-year-old appeared to be heading for a reunion with Ronald Koeman at Camp Nou after Barca reportedly lodged a €30 millon offer (£27.5m) offer for the Lyon attacker.

But responding to a tweet from Dutch outlet De Telegraaf, Aulas said Barca informed the French club they could not afford Depay.

Tweeting rom his verified Twitter account, Aulas said: “The Barca president [Josep Maria Bartomeu] told me on Sunday that Barca were suffering greatly from the Covid crisis and had no option to make an offer.”

SPURS NEWS

Bale agent: Spurs is where he wants to be

The agent of Gareth Bale has confirmed his desire to re-join Tottenham and revealed talks are ongoing between the club and Real Madrid over a sensational return. 
 

Photo: AFP

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is exploring the possibility of bringing Bale back to north London on loan – seven years after selling him to the Spanish giants for £85million.

It is understood a loan deal is in the pipeline for the 31-year-old but remains dependent on Real paying a sizeable proportion of his reported £600,000-a-week wages.

Despite declaring back in February that the Wales international would be unlikely to return to north London, Bale’s agent, Jonathan Barnett, has now claimed he wants to link up with his former club again.

“Gareth still loves Spurs,” Barnett told BBC Sport Wales.

“We are talking [Spurs, Real and Bale’s camp]. It’s where he wants to be.”

ARSENAL NEWS

Martinez bids farewell to Arsenal

Arsenal goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez looks set to join Aston Villa after confirming he is leaving the club on Instagram.
 

Photo: Getty/Arsenal FC

The Argentine stopper, who joined the Gunners in 2010 from Independiente, was loaned out six times before finally breaking into the first team under Mikel Arteta last season and was in goal for their FA Cup triumph against Chelsea.

But with Bernd Leno set to take back the No.1 spot in goal, Martinez has opted for a new challenge. Reports suggest he is set to join Aston Villa in a £20m deal, with Arsenal reportedly set to replace him with Runar Alex Runarsson.

SPURS NEWS

ICYMI: Tottenham working on Bale & Reguilon double deal

Tottenham are working on deals to sign Gareth Bale and Sergio Reguilon from Real Madrid.
 

Photo: Reuters

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is exploring the possibility of sensationally bringing Bale back to north London on loan, seven years after selling him to the Spanish giants for a then world-record £85million fee.

It is understood a deal for the 31-year-old is dependent on Real paying a sizeable proportion of his reported £600,000-a-week wages.

Manchester United have also been offered Bale but he is thought to prefer a return to Spurs over a move to Old Trafford this summer.

Levy is driving the move for the Welshman but is determined not to rush, given the numbers involved and complexity of the transfer.

The move for Reguilon is likely to be more straightforward, with the Spanish left-back close to moving to Spurs in a transfer worth around £25million.

The deal is expected to included a buy-back clause and a clause allowing Real Madrid to match any future fee for the for 23-year-old.

Manchester United are also interested in Reguilon but were thought to be unwilling to include the clauses, leaving Spurs in pole position.

Moyes coy on Wilshere future

David Moyes has refused to confirm whether Jack Wilshere will still be a West Ham player by the time the transfer window closes next month. 

The Hammers manager made ten changes to the side that lost against Newcastle for the 3-0 victory over Charlton tonight but Wilshere remained absent, the Scot saying the former Arsenal man had rolled his ankle. 

When asked about Wilshere’s future Moyes said: “We’ll have to wait and see.”

Fraser nets on Toon debut 

It was also a good night for a debutant up at St. James’ Park as Ryan Fraser marked his first competitive appearance for Newcastle with the only goal of the game as they beat Blackburn in the EFL Cup. 

The Scot joined on a free transfer after leaving Bournemouth in controversial fashion earlier this summer.

PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS

Grealish and Watkins on mark for Villa

Photo: Getty

It was a good night for Aston Villa’s two headline-makers in recent days.

New record-signing Ollie Watkins scored his first goal for the club on his debut as the Villains beat 3-1 Burton Albion in the EFL Cup tonight.

It wasn’t straightforward though, with the sides locked at 1-1 until a wonderful volley from Jack Grealish, who signed a new long-term contract earlier today, put the Premier League side ahead two minutes from time.

CHELSEA NEWS

Giroud reveals how close he came to Spurs move

Chelsea striker Oliver Giroud has admitted he was so “determined” to leave the club for first-team football that he nearly joined Tottenham, as well as two Serie A clubs.
 

Photo: PA

The 33-year-old was poised to leave the Blues in January but the move broke down owing to their failure to sign a replacement. Giroud remained at Stamford Bridge, scored six goals under Frank Lampard and penned a new one-year deal.

“During the last three days of the transfer window, I was in the coach’s office to find a solution. I was hoping Chelsea would find a replacement for me,” he told French outlet So Foot. 

“For my part, it was not the solutions that were lacking: I almost signed for Lazio, Inter… I was even so determined to leave that I even almost signed for Tottenham!”

Spurs ‘leading Man Utd in Bale chase’

It appears Tottenham are ready to do some serious business in the transfer market after their disappointing Premier League opener against Everton.
 

Photo: Getty

According to ESPN, a sensational move to bring Gareth Bale back to north London – seven years after his £85m transfer to Real Madrid – is well underway.

The 31-year-old has been frozen out of the first-team by Zinedine Zidane as the club attempt to offload Bale, who is thought to earn £500,000-a-week at the Santiago Bernabeu.

And while it seems unlikely Spurs would even be able to pay half of those wages, the report claims Tottenham are ahead of Manchester United in the race to bring Bale back to England.

SPURS NEWS

Reports: Tottenham close to Reguilon deal

Tottenham are closing in on the capture of Real Madrid full-back Sergio Reguilon, according to reports.
 

Photo: AP

We told you earlier today that the 23-year-old was the subject of a transfer battle between Spurs and Manchester United after a return to Sevilla, where has been on loan, was ruled out.

The Athletic’s David Ornstein now claims a deal is close for the north London outfit to sign the left-back on a permanent deal, although the deal is yet to be completed.

It is believed Reguilon will cost somewhere in the region of £25m after an impressive loan stint with Europa League winners Sevilla.

LIVERPOOL NEWS

Eagles swoop for Brewster

Crystal Palace are hoping to beat Sheffield United to the loan signing of Liverpool starlet Rhian Brewster, Sky Sports are reporting.

 

Photo: Getty/Liverpool FC

The 19-year-old is set to head out on loan to a Premier League club for the 2020/21 campaign after catching the eye with Swansea last season.

Palace want to bolster their strikeforce despite already capturing Michy Batshuayi, while Sheffield United remain in the running to sign the England Under-21 international.

ARSENAL NEWS

First pictures of Aubameyang after new contract

In case you needed official confirmation, here is Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang signing his new contract!

Closer inspection shows there appears to be actual writing on the paper, and not just blank for show. The icing on the cake.
 

Photo: GettyArsenal FC

Man Utd face Spurs battle for Reguilon

Manchester United were reportedly edging closer to a deal for Sergio Reguilon but Tottenham have now entered the race for the Real Madrid defender.
 

Photo: AFP

The 23-year-old has caught the eye of several European clubs after impressing while on loan at Sevilla as they won the Europa League for a sixth time.

Reguilon is understood to favour a return to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan but with a deal yet to materialise, United are hoping to strengthen their options at left-back.

However, Spurs are keen to add another left-back to their ranks, with Danny Rose set to leave on a permanent basis, and The Telegraph report Jose Mourinho is keen to take the Spain international from his former club.

DONE DEAL

WBA confirm Ivanovic arrival

West Brom have announced the signing of former Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic on a free transfer.
 

Photo: Getty

The Serbia international returns to the Premier League after spending three years with Russian outfit Zenit St Petersburg.

The 36-year-old, who has signed a one-year deal at The Hawthorns to join Slaven Bilic’s squad, says he is relishing being back in the top flight after spending nine years at Chelsea.

“The Premier League is the best league in the world. I need to challenge myself and I am ready for the challenge. I am really happy to be back playing in the Premier League.

ARSENAL NEWS

Auba: My Arsenal future was never in doubt

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang insists that his Arsenal future was “never in doubt” after the striker signed a new three-year contract with the club.
 

Photo: PA

The 31-year-old will remain in north London until 2023 on a deal worth £250,000-a-week and says he is confident the Gunners can achieve “big things”.

“Signing for this special club was never in doubt,” he told the club’s official website.

“It’s thanks to our fans, my team-mates, my family and everybody at this club that I feel like I belong here.

“I believe in Arsenal. We can achieve big things together. We have something exciting here and I believe the best is to come for Arsenal.”

Can’t see the Transfer news LIVE blog? Click here to access our desktop page.

When does the 2020 summer transfer window close?

The window is now open for 10 weeks from July 27.

Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 5pm on 16 October.

During this window, Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs (either loans or permanent registrations). No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs in this period.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: