Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal Aouar boost, Reguilon to Man United, Sancho bid, Chelsea target eighth signing



Welcome to Standard Sport’s rolling coverage of the summer transfer window as the speculation ramps up.

The window officially opened in July after the completion of the delayed 2019-2020 Premier League season. Clubs will now be busy tweaking their squads ahead of the new campaign, with the deadline pushed back until October 5.

Arsenal have signed Willian and Gabriel Magalhaes, while Chelsea have confirmed the £90m arrival of Kai Havertz, having previously signed Thiago Silva, Malang Sarr and Ben Chilwell to a squad already boasting new arrivals Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech.


Manchester United have signed Donny van de Beek while working on a deal for Jadon Sancho and – reportedly – Dayot Upamecano, while Tottenham have signed Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Joe Hart and Matt Doherty.

Liverpool are biding their time in pursuit of Thiago Alcantara, but the biggest story is that Lionel Messi has decided to stay at Barcelona.

Live Updates

MAN UTD NEWS

van de Beek: Bergwijin wanted me to join Spurs

Manchester United signing Donny van de Beek has revealed countryman Steven Bergwijin tried to get him to join Tottenham.

Van de Beek completed his move to Old Trafford on Wednesday, signing a five-year deal with the option of a further year.

Getty

A number of sides across the continent were keen on the 23-year-old, including Arsenal, according to van de Beek’s agent.

And speaking to Algemeen Dagblad, van de Beek revealed he was contacted by his Netherlands teammate and Tottenham forward Bergwijn to see if he would consider moving to north London.

“Steven Bergwijn texted me to see whether I would play for Spurs,” he said.

“But I chose United.”

Van de Beek also explained he decided he was ready to take the next step in his career after a conversation with his agent last weekend.

“I felt ready for the next step. This was the time to go. That is why I was on the phone with my agent last weekend. In the end, there was an agreement.”

CRYSTAL PALACE NEWS

Leipzig speak out on Sorloth move

RB Leipzig boss Julian Nagelsmann has urged the club to bring in Crystal Palace misfit Alexander Sorloth.

Sorloth was shipped out on loan last summer, joining Trabzonspor whhere he scored 33 times in Turkey.

Getty

The 24-year-old is one year into a two-year loan at the Turkish club and they can make that deal permanent – for a reported £5.5m. Trabzonspor are then free to cash in if they choose with Nagelsmann a fan of the Norwegian.

The RB Leipzig coach told German daily Bild: “Sorloth is definitely a player who could help us.
 
“He scored a lot of goals last season and if he could repeat the same in the Bundesliga, it would be great.
 
“We are looking at other players too for sure, but there aren’t 50 names there.
 
“That is why we have to take into account that such a transfer would be €1m or €2m more expensive under the current circumstances.”
 

CHELSEA NEWS

Maldini won’t rule out Bakayoko move

AC Milan technical director Paolo Maldini has refused to rule out a move for Chelsea outcast Tiemoue Bakayoko.

The Frenchman has spent the last two seasons out on loan – the first with Milan before a spell with former side Monaco last term.

Getty

With his prospects back in London looking bleak, Milan could be ready to offer a route out again.

“We have many options,” Maldini told Sport Mediaset when asked about a bid for Bakayoko.

“We set out a list of priorities before the transfer market opened, so now we can proceed calmly. If we can improve the current squad, then we will.”

ARSENAL NEWS

Brighter prospects for Ozil?

Mesut Ozil played his first minutes of pre-season as Arsenal fell to a 3-2 defeat to Aston Villa on Saturday.

Ozil, who did not feature at all under Mikel Arteta following football’s resumption after lockdown in June, was given a run out at the Emirates.

Getty

After the match, the former Germany international tweeted: “Season prep is on!” alongside a match image from earlier that afternoon.

Willian also made his first appearance since signing for the Gunners from Chelsea with Nicolas Pepe and Alexandre Lacazette also getting some minutes under their belts.

MAN UTD NEWS

Man Utd prepared to activate Upamecano release clause

Manchester United are planning a move for RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano next summer, according to The Mail.

Photo: Getty

The 21-year-old recently signed a new three-year deal, which reportedly includes a release clause that would allow him to leave for £38million in 2021. 

Upamecano is now reportedly a top target for United, who are prepared to activate his release clause. 

MAN UTD NEWS

Sancho provides transfer update 

Jadon Sancho has spoken out on his proposed Borussia Dortmund exit, insisting he’s ignoring the speculation linking him to Manchester United. 

Photo: Getty

Asked if is bothered by the rumours, he told Sport Bible: “No, the media’s the media. They’re always going to try and create a story, but this is how you manage it.

“For me, I just focus on my football. I just want to do what’s best for my team and win titles at the end of the day.”

Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has insisted the winger will stay at the club for at least another year. 

EUROPEAN NEWS

Darmian closing in on Inter move

Former Manchester United defender Matteo Darmian is closing in on a transfer to Inter Milan, according to Calcio Mercato.

Photo: Getty

The 30-year-old – who now plays for Parma – has been persuaded by Antonio Conte to join the club and will reportedly arrive in a €2.5million (£2.2m) deal. 

It was only last year that he left United for Parma, where he made 33 Seria appearances last season. 

PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS

Villa see £20m Wilson bid accepted 

Aston Villa have had a £20million bid for Callum Wilson accepted by Bournemouth, according to Football Insider. 

Photo: Getty

Wilson reportedly would prefer a move to Newcastle, however, who are also linked with a move for the forward. 

Several clubs, including Spurs, have been linked with Wilson, who looks likely to leave Bournemouth after their relegation to the Championship. 

LIVERPOOL NEWS

Championship trio in for Philipps 

Championship clubs Blackburn, Bristol City and Swansea City are all interested in signing Liverpool defender Nat Phillips this summer, according to the Daily Express.

The 23-year-old has made just one appearance for Liverpool’s first team, with Jurgen Klopp reportedly considering both permanent and loan moves. 

The centre-back spent last season on loan at Stuggart, where he made 23 appearances in all competitions.  

ARSENAL NEWS

PSG join Partey race

Atletico Madrid are still waiting for an offer for Arsenal target Thomas Partey, according to ESPN.

Getty

And there’s potentially more bad news for Gunners fans with PSG now in the running to sign the midfielder.

EUROPEAN NEWS

Barcelona agree Depay fee

Ronald Koeman is closing in on his first signing as Barcelona boss in fellow Dutchman Memphis Depay.

Barcelona have agreed a £22m deal with Lyon for the former Manchester United forward, claims La Vanguardia.

Getty

CHELSEA NEWS

Havertz given individual training session 

Just 24 hours after signing a big-money five-year deal with Chelsea, Kai Havertz was given an individual training session at their Cobham base. 

With the majority of the first-team squad away on international duty, Havertz – who left the Germany squad to complete his move – was put through his paces by the Chelsea coaches.

Havertz will shortly be joined by his Chelsea team-mates when they return from international duty next week, where they’ll begin their preparations a Premier League opening day trip to Brighton.

WEST HAM NEWS

West Ham bid for Tarkowski

West Ham have made an offer over £20 million for Burnley defender James Tarkowski, claims Sky Sports.

Getty

After shipping five against Bournemouth this evening, the Hammers’ need for a new recruit at the back might have just grown. 

PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS

Leeds look to Barca star

Leeds are now among the clubs interesting in signing Rafinha.

Sport report Marcelo Bielsa’s side are looking into a deal for the midfielder who has struggled for fitness and form for a number of seasons at the Camp Nou.

DONE DEAL

Wolves confirm Silva signing

Wolves have confirmed the signing of Porto striker Fabio Silva for a club record fee.

LIVERPOOL NEWS

Thiago dodges transfer talk

Thiago Silva remains heavily linked with a move to Liverpool but the Bayern Munich star was giving nothing away when quizzed aout his future while away on Spain duty.

“According to you guys, I’d be in a different club every year so I’m out of it.

Getty

“For me, my only future is tomorrows game, there’s nothing further so there’s nothing to talk about… Its not good for me, my team mates or the national team. All I’m interested in is tomorrows game.”

CRYSTAL PALACE NEWS

Palace want Boga to replace Zaha

Crystal Palace have identified Jeremie Boga as a replacement for Wilfried Zaha this summer.

Sky Sports News report Palace could replace one Ivorian with another with Roy Hodgson aware he will have to pay £30m for the former Chelsea starlet. 

Getty

The report claims Napoli have already made a £27m offer for the Sassuolo winger with Rennes making a £20m offer earlier this week. 

CHELSEA NEWS

Ampadu may have to consider Chelsea future

Ethan Ampadu may have a difficult decision to make over his future at Chelsea, says Wales boss Ryan Giggs. 

The 19-year-old has been put further down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge following the arrival of Thiago Silva – with Malang Sarr to provide further competition when he returns to the club from loan next summer. 

Getty

“Thiago is a quality centre-half and you can only learn from someone like that,” Giggs said. “I want all the players to be playing regularly, but that sometimes isn’t the case.

“It’s that balance over whether they’re at a top club and surrounded by top players and improving every day, but ultimately you need minutes on the pitch.
“That’s a decision for Ethan. I’ve talked to him a lot about that.”

ARSENAL NEWS

Napoli ‘working’ on Sokratis deal

Napoli are “working” on a deal for Arsenal centre-back Sokratis, the club’s president Aurelio de Laurentiis has confirmed. 

Photo: Getty

The defender has struggled for minutes under Mikel Arteta and looks likely to fall further down the pecking order following the incomings of Gabriel Magalhaes and William Saliba. 

Laurentiis confirmed Napoli’s interest in an interview with local radio station Radio Kiss Kiss (via Goal). 

PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS

Deeney: I see myself in the Premier League

Watford captain Troy Deeney insists he still has what it takes to make it in the Premier League. 

The 32-year-old was relegated with Watford last season but is heavily linked with a Premier League return with newcomers West Brom reportedly interested.  

Photo: Getty

He told The Sun: “I definitely still see myself as a Premier League striker. I scored double figures last season on one leg. Now I’m over my knee troubles. I’m back on two legs.

“I got ten [goals] in the league from 27 games, which was not a bad return. I know it includes penalties but Bruno Fernandes scores penalties as well at Man United. I’m not comparing myself to Fernandes but I’ve scored the opportunities presented to me.

“How many did Sebastien Haller get last year for West Ham? Six or seven. Or Joelinton for Newcastle? Two. Put it into context: these are £40m players and I only cost £300,000. My time’s not up.”

Can’t see the transfer news LIVE blog? Click here to access our desktop page.

When does the 2020 summer transfer window close?

The window is now open for 10 weeks from July 27.

Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 5pm on 16 October.

During this window, Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs (either loans or permanent registrations). No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs in this period.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: