Sports

Three-time Pro Bowl WR Vincent Jackson found dead at age 38

[ad_1]

According to ESPN and television station WFLA, former San Diego Chargers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Vincent Jackson was found dead inside the Homewood Suites in Brandon, Florida on Monday morning. The three-time Pro Bowl receiver was 38 years old. 

Hotel staff said that Jackson checked into the room on Jan. 11 and had been staying there over the past month. His family reported him missing last Wednesday, but a missing persons case was dismissed on Friday after he was contacted by police. 

Deputies said there were no signs of trauma, and the cause of death hasn’t yet been determined. 

“My heart aches for the many loved ones Vincent Jackson leaves behind, from his wife and children to the Buccaneers nation that adored him,” Sheriff Chad Chronister said in a statement shared by outlets. “Mr. Jackson was a devoted man who put his family and community above everything else. Football aside, he touched countless lives through his Jackson In Action 83 Foundation. We shared a passion for supporting military families, and three years ago, Jackson was even made an honorary deputy by the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office to recognize his dedication to the community. He will be sorely missed by not only football fans across the country, but also the people here in Hillsborough County who reaped the benefits of his generous contributions.” 

The Chargers selected Jackson No. 61 overall in 2005, and he played with San Diego through 2011 until he joined the Buccaneers. He remained with the Bucs through 2016. 

He recorded 540 receptions for 9,080 yards and 57 touchdowns during his career. 



[ad_2]
Source link

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Safety Gurantee